Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011: First Week Out in the Field

Hola!
Well Monday is my pday now! Thanks for your email today. I really enjoyed it. But Yeah this last week was my first week in the field! Pretty intense stuff. Im assigned to the area of Limòn in the capital. Its pretty cool. My companion is Elder Ziemann from Illinois. He is way cool so thats good too haha. But my first week has been really good. We are both new to this area so we didnt know what to do at first but we have like 20 investigators! No joke! We have sooo much haha. We also had 8 investigators attend church so that was way awesome. Then in sunday school we taught them lesson 1. That went really well. We have i think 4 baptismal dates set too. I think 3 for the beginning of next month and another for september. So that is super exciting! But one of the days i went on splits and i was with the zone leader and one of his investigators speaks english! So i got to teach a lesson and actually say a lot of stuff! Haha this guy was awesome though. He is so ready to change his life for the better. It was so awesome to see. He has had it rough. He graduated from USC and was a succesful guy and then he lost everything and got deported. But he isnt crying about it or anything. He also keeps saying he knows that God sent us to teach him for a reason and that he feels good when he talks to us. So that was really wonderful to teach him and see his faith that he has. Also its crazy! I have given so many blessings! Its insane! At least one a day and sometimes more. I usually annoint but the other day my companion threw me under the bus! He said he would help me so i sealed the annointing and then he was like go for it! What the heck? haha this lady seemed like she was in some pain and then there is me this white boy that hardly speaks any spanish having to give her a blessing. So i just went for it and it went alright! I could tell that she felt the Spirit and that it gave her comfort. So that was also a really good experience. But other than that we pretty much just walk around all day and visit members and teach some investigators. There is so much work that we have to do so we dont do too much contacting but we do some. So yeah im super busy and super sore! My area is like 4 huge hills! It seems like no matter which way we go we are going uphill! I dont know how it works but whatever. All i know is my legs are getting big! I put on my jeans today and they were super tight! Its like im losing weight on my stomach from not very much eating and a ton of walking and then my legs are getting stacked! Its kinda crazy.
But im really glad to hear everyone is doing good and enjoyed the letters. And Craig landing on his head... Psssh! Haha i know how that feels dude! Just suck it up and do another one ;) haha but i love you all so much. Im missing all of you. I cant wait to see all of you in like 22 months! Well actually a little less than 22 months hahaha. Oh well it doesnt matter. I hope to hear from all of you really soon. Love you guys!
Con Amor, Elder Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment